Take an exciting step in becoming a
Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) guru!
Whether you’re experienced or new to sustainability reporting,
completing the GRI Standards Training Course will help you create
a top-quality report that meets GRI requirements and stakeholder expectations.
The course is now offered in an online format, consisting of 3 days. The meeting is schedule for 4 hours every day and there will be time allocated for breaks. There will be about 2 hours of work from home during the 3 days. The course is offered at 9.30 am PST, which will allow other regions of Canada to participate in the following schedules:
Pacific 09h30 – 1h30 Vancouver
Mountain 10h30 – 14h30 Calgary, Saskatoon
Central 11h30 – 15h30 Winnipeg
Eastern 12h30 – 16h30 Toronto, Montreal
Atlantic 13h30 – 17h30 Halifax
NL 14h00 – 18h00 St-John’s
ONLINE FORMAT: Sept 20-22, 2021. Register Here!
New dates coming soon!
WHY BECOME GRI CERTIFIED?
Preparing a sustainability report can be overwhelming. The GRI Standards Training Program will help you develop your sustainability reporting know-how, so you can run a smooth and effective reporting process and produce a best practice report using the GRI standards. After course completion, you’ll have got 3 of the 5 courses that are needed to take the Certification Exam. After passing the exam, you will become a GRI Certified Sustainability Professional. The 2 extra courses are offered directly by GRI online, through the GRI Academy.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
By the end of the course, you will know how to:
- Interpret and apply the GRI standards and reporting principles
- Identify and engage with stakeholders to enhance the relevance of your report
- Assess your organization’s significant impacts along the value chain and among stakeholders
- Identify, prioritize and report on material topics and their boundaries
- Link the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and GRI, with tools available for the best possible integration
- Streamline reporting processes throughout your organization
In addition, participants will learn about the latest trends in sustainability reporting and other common standards/frameworks, such as SASB, CDP and MSCI, and how they relate to GRI.
- Online. A zoom link will be shared with participants
- 3 days. 4 hours each day. About 2 hours of work from home during those days.
- Presentations, case studies, group activities and best practice examples
- Guest speakers who will share their first-hand experiences in sustainability reporting
- Ample time for questions
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
- Sustainability/CSR practitioners
- Those responsible for corporate communications, marketing, investor relations, HR and community relations
- Students and educators
- Early Bird (two weeks before the start date of the course): $1,250
- Regular fee: $1500
- Student and NGO Rate: $800. Please note proof of status will be requested. For reduced rate, register here
“It was an excellent course! It delivered great information that was very helpful in preparing to compile a GRI Report.”
“The facilitator was very engaging, with deep knowledge of the subject-matter.”
“Good balance of content, discussion and exercises. I highly recommend this training to others.”
This course is given in collaboration with Lead Canada, a GRI Certified Training Partner in Canada.